Monday, May 24, 2010

The Best Tool Ever! (at least in my opinion)



















I have been scrapbooking in some form or another since I was a teenager. Remember those cameras that held the negatives in a round piece of cardboard? I have one of those and used it often!

I remember not being able to get to the pharmacy fast enough to drop off my film before the pick up time and waiting what seemed like an eternity to get them back.

Once in my possession though, they would be passed around for friends to see and then thoughtfully arranged in my photo album. Pages were titled, names were included. Memorabilia was inserted. Looking back, it's no surprise that I got caught up in the crazy scrapbooking world we now live in. It seems as if I have had at one point or another every scrapbooking gadget ever made.

One tool, or set of tools, however has been a mainstay in my collection for years. Wannabes have come and gone, but nothing can ever replace my Creative Memories oval and circle cutters.

Now, I do not work for Creative Memories, nor have I ever been a demonstrator for them. In fact, I am a former Stampin' Up! demo and I am sure they have something comparable to CM's cutters.

I had a friend in the early 2000's that was a demo and I bought these cutters from her, along with lots of stickers and papers that can be seen on many of the pages I created. But the cutters are still helping me to design and implement my masterpieces- they are simply awesome!

I use them to cut pictures and papers into circles and ovals in more sizes that I can even count.

I use them to make borders for my pictures in any size and thickness I can dream up.

I use them to create mattes for photos for the perfect accent.

What could be better, you ask? They are so easy to use!!!

They are truly the most used item in my stash and the most versatile. They are also the item I have had the longest. Cm's corner rounders come in second and are also my next favorite tool.

Whether you are an avid scrapbooker or just like to dabble here and there, the investment in these will more than pay for itself in your time (so quick) and your sanity (easy to use)!




No comments:

Post a Comment